Posts Tagged ‘cat turkey recipe’
How many times has your cat watched as you enjoyed that tasty turkey on Thanksgiving? Well now you can turn turkey into a treat for your feline friends.
You can turn dark turkey meat into jerky treats really easy. All you have to do is use a conventional oven and let it slowly dry out. Here’s a quick recipe.
Now you don’t have to feel like your cats are being left out of the Thanksgiving celebration!
• 12 thinly sliced strips of dark turkey meat
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
3. Remove any fat and skin from the turkey meat.
4. With a very sharp knife, cut turkey into ½ to 1 inch slices.
5. Place turkey strips on a baking sheet in a 300 degree oven, for about three hours. This is something you will want to keep an eye on so the meat doesn’t char or burn. We are making jerky, so you basically just want the meat to dry, and this will result in some natural shrinkage.
6. After about 2 ½ to 3 hours, turn your oven off, leaving the turkey inside.
7. The turkey will continue to dry as the oven cools. I like to let the strips remain in the oven anywhere from six to eight hours until they are completely dry and cool.
After cooling, you should place the strips in an air-tight container. You can keep them fresh even longer by placing the container in your freezer and just pulling out treats as you need them.