A Global Leader in the Cat Fancy
TICA is the world's largest genetic registry of pedigreed cats, and the world's largest registry of household pets. We also are the only registry in the cat fancy and dog fancy that continues to have steady growth in our number of registrations around the world, and we continue to grow in the number of members and catteries in every continent. We recognize more new breeds than other cat fancy organizations., and our household pets compete for the same titles and awards as pedigreed cats. TICA also ensures the future of the cat fancy through our Junior Exhibitors Program and by mentoring new exhibitors and breeders. The strength of TICA lies in its members. Breeders, exhibitors and cat lovers are invited to join TICA and participate in the most progressive registry in the world. Our members are entitled to vote on all issues which shape the Association. Clubs do not vote in TICA. Members are also entitled to belong to breed sections of their choice and may be eligible to be an elected officer. To learn more about TICA, download a copy of our Visitor Guide or visit one of our upcoming shows near you.
- To encourage our members to be caring, responsible owners and breeders of cats; and to work together to promote the preservation of pedigreed cats plus the health and welfare of all domestic cats.
- To have the most accurate and comprehensive certified pedigree registry in the world.
- To provide sanctioned cat shows which promote both pedigreed and non-pedigreed cats in a professional manner, and which are both enjoyable and educational for exhibitors, judges and the general public.
- To encourage our members to take an active role in the community, to foster responsible spay/neuter awareness through public education, to become active in voluntary service at local animal shelters or outreach programs for schools and/or senior or disabled citizens, and to become involved in citizen advisory groups to foster responsible legislation regarding the health and welfare of cats.
- To promote friendly relations between breeders in this country and other countries around the world.
- To disseminate information to breeders, owners, exhibitors, and the general public concerning breeding, exhibition, improvement of breeds, the care and welfare of all cats; and to provide materials and information regarding feline issues of regional or national importance.
- To set up a foundation to encourage research on feline health issues, and to provide readily available lists of resource materials on health issues to our members.
- The registration of the pedigrees of all breeds of felines and catteries;
- The promulgation of rules governing the management of the Association and cat shows sanctioned by the Association;
- The licensing of cat shows held under the auspices of the Association;
- The establishment of comprehensive Standards for all breeds of domesticated cats;
- The honoring of outstanding felines, their owners and breeders for their accomplishments;
- The dissemination of information to promote the knowledge and interest of breeders, owners, exhibitors and the general public concerning the breeding, exhibition and improvement of breeds, and the care and welfare of all cats; and,
- The promotion of educational and friendly relations between cat owners in this country and all other countries of the world.